
Time only passes faster each day. I was able to get a Christmas letter written and a picture of the kids, but I failed to mail them out. So, I will post them here and sorry you all didn't recieve Christmas cards!
Our family is trying to enjoy each day, but it seems that a year has already passed. When did that happen? As I have reflected on this year, I have seen each member of my family grow stronger and happier. I feel that as each one of us grows stronger, so does our family.
Madison is best described with a simple word, joy. She has the ability to make each one of us smile and lift us to a higher place. It is scary to think that at the beginning of the year, she was so sick with whooping cough that we could have lost her. Madison’s strength has shined through as she has grown and developed. She has been walking for three weeks now and enjoys “talking” to all of us. Each time I hold her or see her playing with the family, my heart fills with pure joy.
Luke is a fountain of energy. How does such a little boy have so much stamina? He is two years old and never stops. Luke has been struggling with speaking; he would rather make sound effects than words. We have started him in speech therapy and he's begun to increase his vocabulary. I can see him trying to remember to use words rather than sounds. He has this amazing strength to succeed. When he sets his mind to something, there is no stopping him. Luke has also been successfully potty trained. I have learned that if he is quiet, I start running. I usually find him trying to plug something in or some other treacherous task. Yet, we are proud of him and enjoy each time he tries “something new”!
Emma goes to preschool two days a week, all day. It was hard to see her learn how to be involved socially with other kids. She has struggled to be accepted and understand kids are mean. On the other hands she met her first true love. One day I picked her up and she said in a dreamy voice, “Jadine is my prince”. I couldn’t believe it! Four years old and talking of love! I asked her why and Emma’s face turned red as she said that he makes her laugh and is nice to her. And for the last three months that is all we hear about. She is precious and really enjoys her time at school. Emma has learned how to be less shy around others, but with that comes the undesirable behavior other kids have taught her as well. We have been struggling to teach her that she needs to decide what is good and what is bad. This is a struggle that will go on for years I’m sure!
Paul is the hardest, most devoted man I have ever known. Yesterday, the Grzegorczyk’s had their Christmas party. The wind was strong and huge drifts of snow covered the roads around our house. We tried to get to the highway, but became stuck a mile and half from our house. Paul got out and walked home to get a truck to plow us out. After the party, he drove the plow truck in front of the van to clear a path for us. I became stuck once again and he got out and shoveled me out. Our family would fall apart without him. Each of the kids runs up to meet him at the door when he gets home from work, fighting for the first hug from Daddy. Luke craves to ride in the truck or tractor with him. He always wants to work with Daddy. Emma love to hear Daddy read Batman. He’s the best at the sound effects. All of that and I didn’t mention the work he does. He works fifty plus hours a week and then he comes home and makes sure there is wood to heat the house, builds a pole barn, make a swing set, and a cloths line for mom. Plus he plans fun vacations for us to be together. We love him and crave for his attention.
Now it’s my turn. This year seems like a dream. I can’t believe I have three beautiful children and an amazing husband. Each one adds to my day. I was sitting at the table one morning and the kids were eating pancakes. I looked at them and they all looked at me, watching me, wanting my love, wanting me to teach them and take care of them. What an awesome responsibility. I try to remember that the Lord had given me a great responsibility and I need to stay close to Him to make sure I am doing the job right. I love being a mother, I love being a wife and being needed. But I also love a break! I went back to school and sweet Sheryl has taken on the three kids two days a week. She is brave! I am slowly creeping closer to getting that degree!
The greatest gift on earth is friends and family. Our dearest family and loved ones are in our thoughts as this year ends.
1 comment:
Katie-
I'm so glad you blog - otherwise I wouldn't know what my grandchildren look like. And are they the cutest or what? Luke is a spitting image of the Wades. What a handsome little lad! And your daughters are gorgeous. Emma is a Grzegorczyk for sure and it looks like Madison is going to be a blend. Great recap of the year. Keep writing! I love you! -mom
Post a Comment